Tuesday, October 28, 2008

On the road again

Well it looks we'll be making the trek over to LosAngeles to watch Real take on Chivas for the 2nd game in the playoffs. The team is offering another bus and we enjoyed it so much last time we decided to just go for it. It's a lot of time on the bus, but the Colorado trip was worth it and I hope this one will be as well.

Last time our trek even made it into some news articles http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20081026&content_id=199217&vkey=news_rsl&fext=.jsp&team=t121

Oh here's a funny story from the game in Colorado. Any of you who know Matt, know that he gets VERY into any game one of "his teams" is playing in. The first half of the game, he was a nervous wreck. He kept sitting down in the midst of all the screaming Real fans, holding his head cause he couldn't take the pressure. Towards the end of the game, despite my reassurance, that it's not over till it's over, Matt had given up on the team. When they finally scored he jumped up with so much exuberance, he split his pants open!! The rest of the evening he wanted to carry my bag around to "hide his shame". By the time we made it back to the hotel, the tear had made it from his crotch all the way down to his knee. I need to try and get a good picture of the pants, it was hilarious!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Love the story! Good old Matt. I can totally see him sitting down in the middle of the game unable to deal with the pressure....too funny. Oh and maybe you could email me and remind me of the info on the game in LA...remember I was on drugs when you gave me the info the first time :)

Achtung Amy! said...

LOL. Matty, you crack me up! I miss Matty. Em, give him a big hug for me.