Thursday, October 16, 2008

I have no more wisdom......

teeth that is :) One week ago today I finally had my wisdom teeth pulled. I'd been putting it off for about 3 years now and was not excited about getting it done at all. I'd heard way too many horror stories.

I made an appt for my annual cleaning at the dds, only to discover that I already had an appointment with my therapist that morning as well. So I thought what the heck, might as well get my wisdom teeth out that day and get it all done. After I made the appointments Matt informed me that the day I made all my appointments for was the day of the first Real game at the new stadium and that I had to change my appointments. Of course I just dug in my heels and refused, I mean it had taken me 3 years to make the appt, I was not going to change it now.

After several threats from him about how I better not ruin the game for him, the day finally came. They put me to sleep to pull the teeth and it was done in what seemed like 10 seconds. In reality they said it took 2 minutes per tooth (I only had my 2 upper wisdom teeth). I was quite out of it immediately following and for a few hours, but I rested up for the game that night and had a blast, as you can see from the picture below. You can also see that I have no swelling either! For all the horror stories I've heard, I guess my experience was the fairy tale version. I even went to the Reba concert the next night with my cousin Amy. (post to follow)

4 comments:

Celeste said...

You are one tough woman, but I must brag here and say that I had my wisdom teeth pulled while conscience! I saw his reach in with the plyers and everything!

Christy said...

I'm with you Emily! I liked being asleep for it! and I love fairy tale endings! Thanks for sharing with us your 'fairy tale'! :)

Maren and Dustin said...

So lucky! I looked horrible for weeks, and then I had nerve damage in one quarter of my mouth for 3 months! My husband also had his finally done this year too. He hardly had a problem as well. Glad you weren't sick and puffy!

Maren

Team 'Iloa said...

yeah for no more wisdom teeth. Tommy still needs to get his out.

PS how was the Reba concert?