Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Weight Loss

So for the past 6 weeks now, Matt and I have both been pretty diligent about trying to lose weight. I prefer not to refer to it as a diet, but as more of a change of lifestyle. We've had pretty good results so far (check out our weight loss trackers on the sidebar), but I want it to come off more quickly. Of course I know what I need to do.....exercise, but for some reason I just can't get myself back in the routine. This week Matt and I are on building security for our church, so we've been walking over there at night to lock up the building. It's not a very long walk, but at least it's some exercise. We talked this morning about extending the walk and having the church be a stop on the walk, not the destination. I'm really hoping that this will help us get in the habit and now that the weather is warming up that we can start going for a walk every night.

I decided this morning that I need to blog about our weight loss journey to help my motivation. Somehow it feels if others know what you are doing, you are more accountable for your choices. I don't like to fail, but weight loss seems to be one of those areas where I have been lately. Anyways any support and cheer leading is definitely appreciated. I'll be updating our weight loss trackers every Monday morning so you can follow us along on our journey.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Sweet, I love the weight loss tickers. Way to be accountable. And going on walks with your hubby is a great way to get exercise, and have "alone time" with your hubby! (And if you are in good enough shape you can still talk too!) Anyway, congrats so far, keep it up! (And don't come visit me anymore, not that I didn't LOVE having you here, it's just that I tend to sabotage your efforts! And you might have more off that ticker if it wasn't for me and those many indulgences we enjoyed together!!)

Pam said...

In a few weeks I'm going to think about exercising and what not. Some people make a blog dedicated to specific purposes with many authors to contribute. Would you want to do a healthy lifestyle one to support eachother? We might invite others if they are cool enough...

Pam said...

oops, that was celeste not mom

Lei said...

I'll cheer you on. You've already lost what I still want to lose (it feels impossible to me right now)... so go you!

I'm great with the exercise but I can't seem to stop stuffing my face. :P