Friday, February 22, 2008

Christmas Quilts

I know that Christmas has come and is long gone, but I thought it would be fun to post some pictures of the quilts that I made for gifts this year. I had so much fun making "I Spy" quilts for the boys, several different fun fabrics, with matching squares. It's a game and a quilt all in one.
I was able to be with David on Christmas morning when he opened his quilt. He was a little overwhelmed with everything that was going on, so it just got put to the side. Luckily Grandma and Aunt Emily(me) we were able to show him what it was all about a few days later

Benson exploring all the different things there are in his quilt and trying to find their matches.

Connor just wanted to wrap up in his and pretend it was a cape. He did however really like the bannana fabric, afterall he is a monkey!

It just about killed me to make this blanket for Taylor, and to have that fabric in my house, but I knew how much he would love it and he did.


Brad & Miranda now have the perfect quilt to cuddle up with and watch a movie.

Boo, hisssss......Angela has been promising to send me pictures of Jaycie with her quilt from Aunt Emily, but I have yet to see them. I think we should boycott her blog until I get the picture.
Update: I still don't have the picture from Angela, but I won't boycott her just yet, I know that her 3 kids consume her time :) Also this actually wasn't a Christmas quilt, but a "congratulations on being born" quilt. Both of my sisters had baby girls in the past couple of months and I was able to make the 2 new nieces matching quilts. Hopefully we'll soon have pics of Lucy & Jaycie with their quilts.

4 comments:

Celeste said...

I hope that you don't boycott angela's blog because of the lack of pictures, because I'll be that girl soon (in trouble because of the lack of pics). When I do take the pics I'm going to have a backup blanket under her so that she doesn't spit up on it! It is WAY TOO cute to fall victim to baby spit up!

Angela said...

All I have to say is....RUDE! I just wanted to make sure I could give your quilt a post that gave it the spotlight it needed. I didn't want it to be overshadowed by the birthday girl's post. So other than the cutting comment, I loved your post, especially the pic of Brad and Miranda of their quilt (since I've never seen that one). So cute of Taylor and Connor with their quilts! I'm way impressed you set differences aside and made Taylor such a sweet blanket. Alright, well I better get back to life, and quit admiring your blog so I have time to update my own.

Emily said...

Ang - I updated the blog to give you a little bit of a break, but you are still not off the hook for getting that picture to me!!

Lei said...

You have amazing talent Emily. We use ours nearly every day!