Friday, April 25, 2008

Smash Mouth, Sunday School and Success

Matt and I have the lovely job of teaching the 11-12 year old boys in our ward. There are 8 of them and needless to say they can be quite the handful. We've had to crack down lately and they've been much better. I don't know what happened last week though. One of our most well behaved boys who always knows the answers and sits quietly snapped. He raised his hand and when I called on him, he said "My worlds on fire, how bout yours, that's the way I like it and I never get bored!" Of course the entire class erupted and I couldn't help but start laughing. The poor kid was laughing so hard that he face went red and then purple. I'm not sure if we ever regained control after that.

And now for the success part. Matt and I have gone and received our free gym memberships from his work!! And I've even worked out twice this week! It feels good to be going back and to be working out. I can't wait till I start seeing results again, hopefully with this week's weigh in, i'll be able to move my little scale in the right direction!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

It's good that you can roll with the punches in the sunday school class!! That age + boys = potential craziness!

good for you for working out!! luckily i rolled my ankle a few weeks ago so ive had a good excuse not to workout since then...

Angela said...

Way to go on the working out! I'm so jealous of the free gym membership, and not having to take 3 kids along with you...lol.
And next time in your sunday school class just be sure to respond, "Hey now, you're an all-star!"