Friday, April 4, 2008

When life hands you lemons......

Open a lemonade stand. And that's what I did. Well sort of.........


I started working here at Headwaters just about 4 years ago. This whole time we have had the wonderful perk of having a fountain machine with free soda. Imagine my dismay and horror when they decided to discontinue the benefit. I spent several days sulking and paying way too much for my soda (anything more than free is too much). And then I came up with a brillant idea. I could open my own soda shoppe! So I did and business is booming. I've been open for a little over a week and have been averaging sales of 5 cans of soda a day. With the profit I am making, I am again able to drink my soda for free.


However it has created another dilemna.....Matt is quite concerned that I have started depleting our stash of soda in our basement. What are we going to do if there is an emergency??? Don't worry honey, I'll buy some more soda, so you can have your 72 hour kit full of soda.



4 comments:

Celeste said...

Wow! I love your little side business! That fridge is incredibly cute!

LuAnne said...

That is so funny! I would totally do it too! Way to go! That stinks that they got rid of the free soda thing.

Team 'Iloa said...

This is awesome Emily! You should start baking, too. I sometimes sell my treats to a local business and I can make $40-60 a day. Call me if you want some ideas.

Lei said...

oh my, that is hilarious, and so very matt!