Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I shot my eye out!

Last night Matt and I went to the Real soccer game and it was an amazing game. Sometime during the first half one of our forwards, Robbie Findley, had a wide open shot that hit the post. I was so dissappointed, I threw my hands up in disbelief to cover my eyes. Somehow I managed to stab my thumb right into my eye socket! I just sat there stunned, 1st of all how did he miss that and second of all I'd shot my eye out! It's a bit sore this morning but Real ended up winning 2-1 and now have a winning record for the first time in their history, so I guess it was worth it.

3 comments:

Angela said...

LOL, Emily you are too funny. I love the picture that goes along with the story, and of course how you told the story.....I'd shot my eye out! Too funny. Glad you and Matt are still having fun being Real fans (and that it wasn't just a two-hand touch football fling!)
Love,
Ang

Christy said...

Dallas is also a huge Real soccer fan! Who knew! You must be related (or something!) It's fun to see what you've been up to!

Niki said...

Emily!! I found your blog a couple of days ago. I'm sorry about your eye, but it was so good to see what you are up to. Hope your eye feels better. I hope everything is going well for you. -Niki (McClelland) Ely